The Essentials: Work-out Gear.

1.08.2013

Oh the New Year's Resolutions. Promises we make ourselves for the New Year that sometimes can be impossible to keep. Yes, we may start our year off right by hitting the gym six times a week but by mid-March, only thinking about the gym makes us exhausted so we sit back down on the couch and eat the rest of those ice creams bars that also were on our "Do Not Eat" Resolution List. I have been a victim of myself. Setting standards that are far too high and that can easily fall apart. Yet, call me crazy, I still enjoy making these resolutions because, in a small way, I want to challenge myself to actually keep to it. 

This year is no different. I have made many resolution lists but I tried to make them more realistic. Instead of forcing myself to start at the gym 5 days a week, I took it upon myself to start with 3 times and adding little at home work-outs and yoga sessions. So far, its been nice to wake-up and start a routine. I live by routines because I enjoy structure, it keeps me sane. However, what I try the hardest to do is not beat myself up when I can't fully accomplish my routine. Maybe you wake up not feeling so hot so a trip to the gym seriously sounds like a nightmare so you fall back asleep again for another 45 minutes instead. I'm here to tell you that IT'S OK. We are not robots! Don't hate yourself for it, just try again tomorrow. I need to repeatedly tell myself this because life is unexpected. We cannot plan absolutely everything that happens or that is going to happen so make the best of it and move on. That is really all we can do!
  
I really enjoy switching up my work-outs from hiking and power walking to dancing and hot yoga. It helps me to target all my problem areas while keeping me interested. I enjoy pushing myself in different ways so switching up the routine is a definite must. I have to say though that my favorite discovery for working out has to be work out DVDs and Youtube videos. To be able to sweat and breathe heavily without feeling like people are looking at me with grotesque facial expression is probably what I love best. I am in the comfort of my own home and can take my own pace. Rewind, fast-forward, pause, I can do it all which makes working out less of a hassle and something I have come to enjoy. Many work-out studios like Pure Barre have come out with dvds that take pretty much all their work-outs and bring them into your living room, it's beyond ideal.

So here are my Essentials list for Work-out gear because 2013, I will kick your derrière (while trying to shape up mine).

Stella McCartney's collaboration with Adidas is so brilliant. All her looks are very streamlined and sleek with a bit of edginess in pattern and design. Lulu Lemon also makes great work-out clothes. Their leggings are some of my favorites.

So, good luck my friends! I wish you all the best in your new work-out endeavors and I'll make sure to keep you all posted on my progress, as well as new work-outs and tidbits I discover along the way!


(PH: aftdark.com//Collage: M.E.)

1 comments :

  1. Super pretty!! Love all the choices you put specially the photograph!! xx

    http://timelesslook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated! xx

mindy erazo All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger