Culinary: Blueberry Lemon Waffles.

2.05.2013

I love trying out new recipes for anything and everything. There are so many blogs out there and cookbooks of course and it can be overwhelming. I mean, I sometimes don't have time to pack a lunch, let alone make an huge meals three times a day. So, the faster the recipe, the better. When it comes to baking though and breakfast, that's a whole different story. I like to set aside time for baking as much as possible. I grew up eating a huge brunch every Saturday after watching countless amounts of cartoons that morning which progressed to later nights and later mornings. No matter what time we woke up, mom had breakfast.
One of my favorite breakfast foods is definitely waffles. It's just one of those foods that makes me so happy from the inside out. I have always stuck with my mom's recipe when making them, from scratch of course but I want to be a little more adventurous and try something new. Low and behold, one of my favorite baking blogs came out with a recipe a couple weeks ago that looks really incredible and sounds amazing.




Blueberry lemon waffles

2 eggs
150 g flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp sugar
Pinch of salt
1/4 tsp vanilla powder
Zest from 1 lemon
200 ml milk
60 g melted butter
50 ml cold water

A handful of blueberries

To serve:
Berries
Powdered sugar

Separate egg yolks from whites and put in two different bowls. Mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, vanilla and lemon zest. Add 3/4 of the milk, melted butter and egg yolks and stir until smooth.
Add the rest of the milk and the water.
Whip egg whites until stiff peaks form then carefully fold them into the batter.
Bake in a hot waffle iron (throw in some blueberries in each waffle) for a few minutes or until golden brown. Serve with extra berries and powdered sugar.

 


Ahhh, my mouth is drooling already! I'm going to buy the ingredients later this week so I can make them Saturday morning. The recipe is simple and it sounds like they will turn out soft and fluffy with the whipped egg whites. We'll see how they turn out, I'll make sure to keep you posted. Also, how amazing is Call Me Cupcake's food photography? Everything looks so aesthetically beautiful. I can't get enough.

(Recipe and Images via here)

1 comments :

Comments are always appreciated! xx

mindy erazo All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger