Culinary: Lavender French 75.

4.29.2013

Now that the weather is finally starting to warm up, it's nice to sit back and relax a little with a drink in hand. I'm not very big on making drinks at home but I enjoy them when I'm out with friends. However, I've been finding so many great recipes on PINTEREST, I think it's about time I try making some for myself. This one in particular caught my eye because the ingredients are simple and the recipe just sounds delicious. 



Lavender French 75


Serving Size: cocktail recipe, serves 1 / simple syrup recipe

lavender french 75

INGREDIENTS::
  • 2-4 teaspoons lavender syrup, to tast
  • 4 tablespoons gin
  • squeeze of lemon, to taste
  • 4 tablespoons champagne
  • ice (if ingredients aren't chilled)
Optional :: sub sparkling water for champagne for a lighter cocktail
 LAVENDER SIMPLE SYRUP::
  • about 5-7 little fresh lavender flowers
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup water

INSTRUCTIONS:: 
  1. In a small saucepan, bring the ingredients for the lavender syrup to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Stir as needed to keep the sugar from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
  2. Transfer to a glass jar and let chill in the fridge. Strain out the lavender after 30-60 minutes and continue to let it chill. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to a week.
  3. Mix all cocktail ingredients together & stir. Taste and adjust to your liking.
Notes::
Since the concentration of your lavender syrup may vary, I found that the best way to "measure" this was to pour just enough syrup until I could taste the floral note. (about 2 splashes)
 

If you want to skip the process of making the Lavender Syrup you can purchase it here and here.


ENJOY! 
 (PH + Recipe via LoveandLemons)

7 comments :

  1. That sounds and look delicious! I love the recipe photos! Definitely must try this

    http://www.themirroronthewall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I just had a "French 75" the other night and it was delicious, can't wait to try making this at home.

    Thanks for sharing!
    xx,
    Becky
    http://cellajane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following your blog. Follower#327

    You having awesome :) lovely blog.
    Hope you will visit & follow my blog.
    http://beautydrugs.blogspot.com/
    And like my page
    https://www.facebook.com/BeautyDrugs?fref=ts

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the perfect spring/summer drink! I must try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely adore your blog layout and this post! :)


    -Raven Rosie
    www.ravenrosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! I'm a sucker for anything lavender...

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delicious!
    velvetandvino.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated! xx

mindy erazo All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger